Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping. Directs and works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained.
What you will be doing
- Complete inspections and hold people accountable for corrective action.
- Assist in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
- Supervises the property general cleaning schedule.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection and deep cleaning program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Managing Departmental Costs
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- At least 3-5 years experience as an Executive Housekeeper in an upscale hotel
- Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Solid leadership skills and financial management ability
- Local candidates only
Oversee and assign work to maintenance engineers as directed by the Chief Engineer. Provide technical problem solving assistance to maintenance staff
Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, perform general repair and maintenance of any and all equipment found in and around the hotel. Specific work areas will be assigned as needed to each employee, based on skill level and experience. Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks is required. Ensure that all safety systems are operable.
Perform inspections daily/weekly (or as otherwise directed) on equipment and mechanical rooms. Perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
Complete the life safety checklist, including the fire-pump run test and generator run test. Inspect fire sprinkler valves and alarm systems. Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Assist management in training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees.
Assist and oversee the hotel preventative maintenance program.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional.
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, and assist individuals with disabilities.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals. Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
Visually inspect tools, equipment and machines. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Chief Engineer.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Must be able to work well with all members of the Engineering Department and all other members of the Hotel Staff.
Must promote a cordial and caring attitude toward all other employees.
Must be a highly motivated self-starter.
Must be knowledgeable in all phases of mechanical/electrical systems.
Assists the Chief Engineer with other tasks as requested.
· Positive attitude
· Good communication skills
· Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
· Excellent grooming standards
· Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to work on their own
· Previous experience in a supervisor role
· Vocational training in engineering or similar field
Previous hotel engineering experience required Application Form
Perform the night audit operations to ensure the maintenance of financial controls, and compliance with hotel standards. Coordinate with other departments (i.e. Security, Housekeeping) to ensure quality service is provided to all guests.
- Welcome & register guests in an outstandingly friendly, professional, and efficient manner
- Obtain necessary credit and payment information
- Assists arriving and departing guests with all luggage and packages, carefully and safely
- Rooms arriving guests
- Provide detailed information about hotel facilities & operating hours
- Adhere completely to all Miyako Hybrid service standards
- Sell rooms in accordance with Front Desk sales strategies
- Receive and transmit guest messages
- Set-up & provide guest wake up calls
- Perform check out and cash handling activities in accordance with all hotel cashiering and credit policies
- Answer telephone calls and guest inquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- Completely familiar with Hotel emergency procedures
- Prepare daily Revenue Report
- Completes all audit functions accurately and in a timely manner
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Attend all required hotel meetings and trainings
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- MUST have Front desk and night audit experience at a comparable quality hotel
- Excellent communication and guest relations skills
- General knowledge of hotel departments
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Effective math, organizational and communications skills
- Must have the ability to communicate in English
- Must be able to stand for an eight hour shift
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work overnight shift
Guest Service Ambassador (Bellman)
The Bellperson is responsible for assisting with the check-in/check-out processes and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner- providing the best first and last impressions of the hotel.
- To assist in the transport and storage of guest luggage
- To assist with guest packages (transport to guest room, or guest meeting area)
- To collect all incoming tags from guest luggage, after delivery to the room
- Responsible for a clean and "smart" appearance of uniforms
- Knowledgeable about all hotel amenities
- To be conversant with all hotel promotional programs (guest-related)
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience strongly recommended but not required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- A minimum of one year hotel experience in a similar role preferred
- Local candidates only, please