Front Office Supervisor (Japanese speaking)
Responsibilities include: daily planning and supervising of the front office operations to achieve guest satisfaction and quality service. You will be responsible for knowledge and implementation of 4 diamond brand standards, and training. This position will participate in the MOD program.
We will ask that you help create goals/incentives to continually motivate and inspire the Rooms Staff to continuously improve the service provided to our guests.
Problem solving, good communication, judgement, ability to motivate and maintain high morale is a must.
- 1-2 years of proven experience as a supervisor at the front desk in a comparable hotel
- Familiarity with high quality service standards a must
- Ability to come to work each day with the motivation to work closely with their staff, and to help provide superior guest service
- Must have the ability to make fast decisions and have good judgement
- Must have management skills to counsel, train and mentor
- Ability to motivate staff
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, employees and management
- Proficient computer skills, such as excel, word, power point required. Proficient in writing and communication skills
- Able to communicate and manage cross cultures
- Be able to resolve guest and employee complaints, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Must have solid hotel Front Office experience and a stable work history to be considered.
- References required
- Fluent Japanese language ability at the business level is required
Perform the night audit operations to ensure the maintenance of financial controls, and compliance with hotel standards. Coordinate with other departments (i.e. Security, Housekeeping) to ensure quality service is provided to all guests.
- Welcome & register guests in an outstandingly friendly, professional, and efficient manner
- Obtain necessary credit and payment information
- Assists arriving and departing guests with all luggage and packages, carefully and safely
- Rooms arriving guests
- Provide detailed information about hotel facilities & operating hours
- Adhere completely to all Miyako Hybrid service standards
- Sell rooms in accordance with Front Desk sales strategies
- Receive and transmit guest messages
- Set-up & provide guest wake up calls
- Perform check out and cash handling activities in accordance with all hotel cashiering and credit policies
- Answer telephone calls and guest inquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- Completely familiar with Hotel emergency procedures
- Prepare daily Revenue Report
- Completes all audit functions accurately and in a timely manner
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Attend all required hotel meetings and trainings
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- MUST have Front desk and night audit experience at a comparable quality hotel
- Excellent communication and guest relations skills
- General knowledge of hotel departments
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Effective math, organizational and communications skills
- Must have the ability to communicate in English
- Must be able to stand for an eight hour shift
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work overnight shift
Guest Service Ambassador (Bellman)
The Bellperson is responsible for assisting with the check-in/check-out processes and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner- providing the best first and last impressions of the hotel.
- To assist in the transport and storage of guest luggage
- To assist with guest packages (transport to guest room, or guest meeting area)
- To collect all incoming tags from guest luggage, after delivery to the room
- Responsible for a clean and "smart" appearance of uniforms
- Knowledgeable about all hotel amenities
- To be conversant with all hotel promotional programs (guest-related)
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience strongly recommended but not required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- A minimum of one year hotel experience in a similar role preferred
- Local candidates only, please