- Providing exceptional guest service by following all of the Miyako Front Desk procedures.
- Greet guests and provide all of the Miyako standards upon arrival and departure.
- Check in and Check out guests with an efficient and timely manner - including assigning room numbers, issuing keys, obtaining correct credit/payment.
- Cashier responsibilities including making changes, cashing checks, foreign currency exchange, obtaining appropriate method of payment and set up correct payment method when necessary.
- Assisting guests with any inquiry to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Reporting any issues and guest complaints to supervisor or manager.
- Making sure that all guest's accounts are in good standing and follow up with any billing issues. Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by Supervisor
- Making general decisions to assist the guest.
- Keeping the Front Desk upscale, clean and organized and always presenting a positive and professional attitude.
- Additional duties not listed may also be required by supervisor/manager
- Ability to stay calm and productive under stressful situation is required
- Ability to anticipate situations to prevent a negative outcome and to provide maximum guest satisfaction is required.
- Previous customer service or hotel experience preferred
- Detailed oriented and team work oriented. The ability to mulit task is required.
- Must be bi-lingual in Japanese/English
Housekeeping Supervisor (temporary)
We are seeking an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor to join our dynamic team, who will report to the Executive Housekeeper. This person will assist in the daily operation of the housekeeping department, from heavy room inspections and employee management, to safety and guest satisfaction.
It is a hands-on position, requiring interaction with not only the Housekeeping team, but also the ability to interact with the management staff, team members, and guests.
Responsibilities also include, daily planning and time management to achieve guest satisfaction and quality service. Will be responsible for knowledge, training and maintaining 4-diamond brand standards.
Help the manager to continually motivate and inspire the Housekeeping staff to continuously improve providing service to our guests.
- Previous housekeeping supervisory experience in an upscale hotel required
- Flexible schedule
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) required
Filing, organizing, managing General Manager's schedule, and other tasks assigned by General Manager
- Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservations
- Answer inquiries from guests
- Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely
- Answer telephones using appropriate phone etiquette
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen & respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
- Previous hotel administrative experience required
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Fast learner
- Must be highly organized